A healthy alternative to pancakes that my kids love. We have been enjoying these for years!
- 3 Eggs (we use farm eggs)
- A large handful of spinach (I have also used other greens and it worked)
- 2 bananas (I have also used 1/2 cup of applesauce when I do not have bananas)
- 1 cup almond flour (depending on how thick it is I sometimes add more)
- coconut oil for cooking
- Desired toppings
- Blender, Vitamix or food processor
- Frying pan
- Start warming coconut oil in a pan.
- Blend eggs and spinach until smooth. (You can cook this as green eggs)
- Add banana and blend again.
- Pour into a bowl and mix in the almond flour. (Adding the almond flour inside your blender makes clean up difficult)
- Spoon batter on to the pan. Use the back of the spoon to shape/flatten the pancake if needed. Let cook until brown. flip and cook the other side until brown.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy.